Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Gene Transfer Technologies, we are seeking an experienced and motivated Molecular Biologist to conduct design and implementation of molecular constructs in support of viral vector production and functionality testing. The role will be able to independently conduct molecular design and quality control work using dedicated software and communicate with CROs to direct outsourced activities. In addition, standard molecular biology procedures will be conducted involving scale up of bacterial cultures, DNA purification and transfection procedures.
Responsibilities include to:
- Assemble genetic constructs and perform quality control analysis of sequencing data in silico using dedicated software
- Work with external CROs to generate materials needed for viral vector production
- Perform titration assays using various DNA isolation techniques and qPCR equipment
- Analyze titration data, report results to management
- Maintain highest level of integrity and awareness in handling critical QC and molecular design work
- Manage multiple internal projects from R&D, Quality, Analytical, and Manufacturing Sciences and collaborate with external sources
- Actively contribute to process improvements, implement new techniques and innovative trends
- BS or MS in a related scientific discipline with 3 - 5 years of experience in academia or industry, or PhD in Molecular Biology
- Experience working with external CROs and academic collaborators
- Proficient understanding of Molecular Biology work flow with hands on experience with every step of a typical cloning procedure
- Significant hands on experience with molecular cloning software, such as Lasergene
- Must have hands on experience with qPCR (digital PCR is plus) quantification techniques and be able to analyze qPCR data
- Experience with cell culture (aseptic technique) is a plus
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently, must be able to clearly communicate in writing, must have a desire to be part of a growing organization that uses cutting-edge science
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.