Vice President, Business Development
Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Business Development will be responsible for coordinating the search and evaluation, and leading the engagement, negotiation, and formation of strategic partnerships to secure scientific innovations across research and technology platforms that will enhance and accelerate the company’s development of first-in-class therapies for autoimmune diseases.
Responsibilities include to:
- Lead identification, engagement, negotiation, and execution of potential business development deals, including partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and licensing agreements that fit within the company strategy, business plan and pipeline.
- Coordinate the assessment of scientific innovations, new product opportunities, and marketing alliances across a variety of deal structures and assume responsibility for coordinating scientific and commercial input to specific opportunities as necessary.
- Evaluate, recommend, and generate support for optimal deal structures and develop term sheets for prospects. Manage the day-to-day aspects of negotiation and closing, including strong collaboration with the leadership team and engagement of legal counsel as needed.
- Provide business oversight for alliances and partnerships including scientific and strategic partnerships, joint ventures and alliances as well as technology and intellectual licensing opportunities, with industry, academia and government agencies. Effectively interact with existing partners, facilitate communication, keep track of milestones and identify opportunities for enhancing these relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or related field with 5+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience in project management.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Previous experience managing CMO vendor relationships for biologics development.
- Clear and succinct verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in serving as an external representative for the company with contract suppliers.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task in a fast-paced, small company environment with changing priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
- 10-15 years of business development experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Scientific and business acumen, with a PhD (preferably in the biologic sciences) and depth of knowledge in a cell therapy or a related scientific field.
- Experience in the area of immunology/autoimmunity preferred.
- Track record of deals in the field of cell therapy or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated success in identifying, negotiating and completing technology agreements as well as a thorough understanding of the processes of due diligence, valuation, alliance integration and portfolio management.
- Successful candidates will have a strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.