Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the Principal Scientist, Translational Research, we are seeking an experienced, motivated, detail-oriented, and highly skilled Associate Scientist within our translational research team.
Under scientific and technical supervision, the individual will perform various cell-based assays, flow cytometry and other molecular biology assays on clinical samples which will provide data and insight on the toxicity and efficacy of Cabaletta’s clinical candidates. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for cell line generation and maintenance to assist in the development of novel cell-based assays for the Translational team. The position allows for potential impact in additional areas within Cabaletta, including preclinical research and molecular biology, immunology and cell therapy development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform cytotoxicity and flow cytometry assays for the analysis of clinical samples.
- Cell line generation using lentivirus technology for suspension cell lines.
- Maintain and expand, bank, and manage various cell lines.
- Manage multiple internal projects for Translational, Analytical, and Manufacturing Sciences, as well as involvement in collaborations with external vendors.
- Actively contribute to process improvements and the implementation of new technologies.
- Perform lab associated tasks in accordance with cGLP and Cabaletta Bio lab safety policies and SOPs.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized records and electronic laboratory notebook.
- Support clinical sample management and tracking of incoming patient samples.
- Maintain detailed oriented notes and records for clinical sample lifecycle (receipt, usage, etc.).
- MS degree in Biology or Bioengineering (or related field) with 2 + years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience in the biotechnology industry required. Ph.D level candidates will be considered as well
- General lab skills, including aseptic techniques and human tissue handling required
- Previous experience with GLP/GCP work and handling of clinical samples
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture (aseptic techniques)
- Significant lab experience and expertise in cell husbandry required, including maintaining cell culture, media preparation, generating and managing cell stocks and banking
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
- Must be able to clearly communicate in writing, must have a desire to be part of a growing organization that uses cutting-edge science
- A high level of flexibility to support various other activities the ability to learn new techniques outside of existing field of expertise
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development
- Experience in industry or in a startup industrial setting is preferred
- Experience in cytotoxicity assays (such as IncuCyte, xCELLigence, 51Cr or luciferase-based assays) and flow cytometry.
- Clinical sample inventory management experience preferred.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email email@example.com directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.