Cabaletta Bio (NASDAQ: CABA) is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Our proprietary technology utilizes Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-expressing B cells while sparing normal antibody-expressing B cells, which are essential for human health. Cabaletta’s Approach for selective B cell Ablation platform, called our CABA™ platform, has applicability across more than two dozen B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases that we have identified, reviewed and prioritized. CAAR T technology is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases.
The Company’s lead product candidate, DSG3-CAART, received IND clearance from the FDA in September 2019. DSG3-CAART is designed to be a potential treatment for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare autoimmune blistering disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects. The Company is expected to begin clinical trials for the lead compound for mPV in 2020. Cabaletta Bio is also pursuing a second product candidate, MuSK-CAART, designed to treat patients with MuSK-positive Myasthenia Gravis.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position:
Reporting to the EVP of Science & Technology, we are seeking an experienced and motivated Bioinformatician. The candidate will create customized data algorithms and pipelines using specialized and off-the-shelf computer software to identify, process, visualize and classify biological data to further our understanding of patient derived CAAR T cells.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Develop and apply computational methods using programming, commercial software, statistics, and mathematics to analyze high throughput data being generated from external and internal sources.
- Develop visualizations for interpretation of high-throughput scientific data.
- Integration and correlation across different data modalities (i.e. flow cytometry and RNA-seq).
- Working with external and/or internal biostatisticians to generate comprehensive views (i.e. dashboards) of patient derived data.
- Interpretation, translation and presentation of findings for diverse (i.e. general scientific) audiences.
- Author documents for regulatory filings and publication (i.e. Clinical Study Reports).
- Maintenance of relevant databases data and records for this purpose.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Information Technology or related field or equivalent postgraduate experience, preferably in a laboratory science environment.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing-RNA seq data analysis and other bioinformatics tools.
- Expert in single and multi-mode biologic data analysis and interpretation.
- An understanding of tools for the analysis of high dimensional data.
- Solid understanding of bioinformatics-computational experimental design.
- Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming, and multi-mode data manipulation.
- Expert with graphical modelling approaches, tools and model repositories.
- Strong use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization of data techniques.
- The ability to quickly and easily create custom pipelines for data analysis.
- Experience in troubleshooting algorithms/pipelines.
- Familiar with specialized commercial and open source data visualization and analysis tools.
- Experience working with external vendors (CROs), academic collaborators, clinical operations staff, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Highly organized, excellent writing and presentation skills, efficient, with a curiosity to be part of cutting-edge science.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Experience in T cell immunology and cell therapy.
- Experience in Linux operation system, and comfortable using a variety of software programs
- Programming expertise with Python, R, Matlab, SQL, etc.
- Experience with analysis and troubleshooting of high throughput and Omics datasets such as RNAseq, targeted sequencing, WGS, WES, nanostring, microarray, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.
- Experience in an industry setting highly desirable.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits including a selection of medical, dental, vision plans, 401K match, transportation stipends, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.