Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Translational Research, we are seeking a Director of Preclinical Research. The candidate will be involved in early target validation for CAAR-T therapy across autoimmune diseases with high unmet medical need. The candidate may also lead programs following target identification and validation through to IND submission. The candidate will be expected to manage programs across the Discovery, Technology, Clinical, and Regulatory functions at Cabaletta.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Oversee target identification and validation efforts to determine auto-antibody specificities across indications of interest.
- To this end, develop creative and innovative research plans to validate targets.
- Leverage external technology and partners through collaborative efforts as needed.
- Oversee sourcing of patient samples and biorepository efforts
- Lead discovery projects towards clinical development.
- Draft reports, manuscripts and generate data packages supporting drug candidate advancement and/or publication.
- As needed, represent Cabaletta at conferences and scientific meetings externally.
- Support identification and evaluation of partnerships/alliances related to external opportunities in collaboration with Business Development and clinical development functions.
- Communicate strategy and progress to senior management at governance meetings.
- Manage department budget.
- PhD in immunology (or equivalent) with > 5 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in immunology, autoimmune disease, and/or immuno-oncology.
- Experience in adoptive cell therapy in a biotech or pharma environment.
- Proven leadership and management experience; project leadership experience.
- Experience working with external vendors (CROs), academic collaborators, clinical development staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Familiarity with molecular biology and immunological assays, including experience with cell culture, cell processing, epitope mapping, molecular cloning, flow cytometry, and cell-based functional assays.
- Highly organized, excellent writing skills, efficient, with a curiosity to be part of cutting-edge science.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Experience in high throughput data analysis highly desirable.
- Prior IND submission experience.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.