Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
The Executive Assistant and Human Resources Coordinator will report to the Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the Chairman and CEO, co-reporting into The Chief Human Resources Officer. This position will be responsible for supporting staffing, onboarding and company events, as well as providing the leadership team with administrative and organizational support that will contribute to the development and operations of an engaged, high performance organization that is focused on the development of first-in-class therapies for autoimmune diseases. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and a strong grasp of administrative tasks, and provides an opportunity for growth into human resources management.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Provide administrative support to the senior management team, inclusive of calendar and meeting management, travel, mail and visitor reception/building access, scheduling team meetings, dinners and lunches.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Provide general office staff support (ordering business cards, stocking kitchen/pantry, ordering office supplies, maintaining phone system, administering visitor portal and travel application, watering plants).
- Work closely with Head of HR and Office Manager to support seamless on-boarding of new employees (email, laptops, phones, benefits knowledge and support, training requirements).
- Facilitate onboarding process for employees and contractors, including development, scheduling and conduct of onboarding meetings, management of onboarding mentoring program, development of new hire announcements and job descriptions, and maintenance of employee files.
- Support staffing activities, inclusive of candidate communication, interview scheduling and tracking, candidate review meeting facilitation and intern and co-op program administration and recruitment.
- Manage recognition and reward program.
- Support performance management process with tracking and filing of objectives and mid-year review forms.
- Provide support to various company projects and events, inclusive of community service initiatives, networking programs and employee contests and celebrations.
- Provide coverage as required for office manager and executive assistant to the Chairman and CEO.
- Assist in shared drive management and electronic document storage and filing.
- Curate project-specific correspondences, reports and meeting decks and develop document templates as required. Maintain project timelines and project-specific files.
- Develop administrative and organizational processes for future knowledge transfer.
- 5-7 years of executive administration experience required
- Proven experience as an Administrative assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, with a desire to increase leadership skills
- Experience in biotechnology and/or fast-paced start-up companies preferred
- Experience with staffing and employee onboarding preferred
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Ability to coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email email@example.com directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.