Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Translational Research, we are seeking an experienced and motivated molecular and cellular immunologist. The candidate will design, develop, and execute cell-based assays and other in-vitro and ex-vivo based assays to further our understanding of patient derived CAAR T cells.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set-up, validate, and execute cell-based assays to assess the potential efficacy and safety of lead product candidates.
- Develop assays to assess the interactions of cell-based products with human tissues and blood components.
- Perform lab associated tasks in accordance with cGLP and Cabaletta Bio lab safety policies.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized records and laboratory notebook.
- Carry out tissue handling and processing for molecular and cellular phenotyping and functional cellular assay experiments.
- Perform cell culture of primary T cells, B cells, and other human cell lines using aseptic technique.
- Execute endpoint in vitro assays assessing T cell phenotypes and functionality using flow cytometry (FACS), western blot, ELISA/MSD, real time PCR, and other applicable techniques (i.e. IncuCyte).
- MS degree or higher with 5 + years of cellular and molecular immunology experience, or a PhD with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience working with external vendors (CROs), academic collaborators, clinical operations staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Comfortable with molecular biology and immunological assays, including experience with cell culture, cell processing, flow cytometry, and cell-based functional assays.
- Expertise in T cell immunology and cell therapy.
- Highly organized, excellent writing skills, efficient, with a curiosity to be part of cutting-edge science.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email email@example.com directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.