Cabaletta Bio (NASDAQ: CABA) is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Our proprietary technology utilizes Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-expressing B cells while sparing normal antibody-expressing B cells, which are essential for human health. Cabaletta’s Approach for selective B cell Ablation platform, called our CABA™ platform, has applicability across more than two dozen B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases that we have identified, reviewed and prioritized. CAAR T technology is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases.
The Company’s lead product candidate, DSG3-CAART, received IND clearance from the FDA in September 2019. DSG3-CAART is designed to be a potential treatment for patients with mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare autoimmune blistering disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects. The Company is expected to begin clinical trials for the lead compound for mPV in 2020. Cabaletta Bio is also pursuing a second product candidate, MuSK-CAART, designed to treat patients with MuSK-positive Myasthenia Gravis.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Director, Analytical Development, this experienced and motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist supports lab-based activities of analytical assay development to advance the preclinical and clinical programs.
Responsibilities include to:
- Develop and execute analytical methods such as designing, optimizing, and qualifying quality control assays that utilize flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA or other systems, as required to support the CAAR-T platform.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate composition and process of lentiviral vectors and CAAR-T cells.
- Develop and optimize quality control assays to evaluate lentiviral vectors, CAAR-T cells and stability samples.
- Author analytical development report, assay validation report and other technical documents for technical correctness and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in technical troubleshooting and problem investigation.
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams.
- Participates in training programs for analysts.
- May evaluate and bring in new methodologies/techniques when needed.
- Facilitate effectively analytical assay transfer externally with CMOs.
- BS degree with 5 + years of, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology or related discipline or MS degree with 3+ years of biotechnology experience.
- Ph. D level candidates will also be considered with 1 + years of biotechnology experience.
- Experience with analytical assay development or quality control programs for lentiviral vector and CAR-T product highly preferred.
- Expertise in PCR/qPCR and ELISA.
- Experience running flow cytometry assays.
- Knowledge of analytical assay principles and procedures, and related instrumentation.
- Significant laboratory documentation experience.
- Familiar with GLP requirements; knowledge of cGMP requirements of biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email email@example.com directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits including a selection of medical, dental, vision plans, 401K match, transportation stipends, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.