Cabaletta Bio is focused on the discovery and development of T cell therapies for B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Cabaletta’s therapeutic platform produces highly selective autologous Chimeric AutoAntibody Receptor (CAAR) T cells that are designed to precisely bind and destroy only specific autoantibody-producing B cells while sparing normal antibody-producing B cells, which are essential for human health. The platform is based on the revolutionary Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell technology developed at the University of Pennsylvania that resulted in one of the first commercially-available CAR T cell products for the treatment of B cell malignancies. Cabaletta has an exclusive global licensing agreement and multiple sponsored research agreements with the University of Pennsylvania to develop the CAAR T technology to treat B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. The Company’s lead therapeutic program is a potential treatment for a prototypical B cell-mediated autoimmune disease, mucosal pemphigus vulgaris (mPV), which is a rare skin disorder that causes painful blisters and sores on mucous membranes leading to severe and sometimes debilitating and life-altering effects.
Uniquely Differentiated. Rapid. Elegant.
At Cabaletta, we are driven by the shared mission of developing a new type of therapy, where patients’ own cells are used to fight disease. We are building a culture grounded in the knowledge that success in the Cabaletta mission lies in the hands of individuals across every aspect of the company. To nurture this, we make an active commitment to the well-being and continuous growth of each person who joins our team. In this way, we are not only working to improve the lives of patients, but of everyone involved. #CabalettaCrew
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Director, Analytical Development, this experienced and motivated Senior Research Associate will support activities of analytical assay development to advance CAAR-T platform, lentiviral vector production, new gene transfer/gene editing methodologies and clinical programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Optimize and qualify analytical methods that utilize flow cytometry, qPCR/ddPCR, ELISA or other technologies, as required to evaluate composition and process of lentiviral vectors and CAAR-T cells.
- Execute quality control assays to evaluate lentiviral vectors, CAAR-T cells and stability samples from external partners.
- Assist to develop new analytical tests to assess associated analytics using gene transfer and gene editing modalities.
- Assist to author analytical development report, assay validation report and other technical documents for technical correctness and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in technical troubleshooting and problem investigation.
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Biology or closely related discipline, and with 2-5 years of experience.
- Experience with analytical assay development or quality control programs for lentiviral vector and CAR-T product preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry, PCR and ELISA.
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in writing, must have a desire to be part of a growing organization that uses cutting-edge science.
- A high level of flexibility to support various other activities and ability to learn new techniques outside of existing field of expertise.
- Strong team orientation and passion for continuous self-development.
- Strong laboratory documentation experience.
- Familiar with GLP/GMP requirements of biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR , ELISA and molecular immunology techniques.
Our name – Cabaletta – is derived from the operatic term for the second part of an aria that is designed to highlight the technical expertise of the lead singer. While our company is not the first to develop chimeric T cells as therapies, we are the first to develop them in a way that leverages T cells to specifically eliminate only B cells that cause disease, while sparing healthy B cells. Utilizing the backbone of this core technology, we expect to advance our portfolio with a rapid and repetitive rhythm, similar to the rhythm that is typical of a cabaletta.
For more information, please visit https://www.cabalettabio.com/ or email email@example.com directly to submit an application. Please include your CV along with the title of the position you are applying for.
Our most important asset is our people and we offer competitive benefits, PTO, and stock option plans.
Cabaletta Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.